Friday, September 11, 2009

Look! Cousin Fred made the papers!!!


Hunter accidentally shoots self in head

Doctors upgrade condition from serious to good


BERTRAM, Texas (KXAN) - A Bertram man who accidentally shot himself in the head while hunting has now moved from serious to good condition. The Burnet County Sheriff’s Office said Fred  Farr, 27, tripped with his gun in hand last Thursday.


The accident happened while Farr and his friends were dove hunting near his home along County Road 272. His wife called 911 just after 7 p.m., and Farr went by helicopter shortly after to Brackenridge Medical Center in Austin.


Farr’s initial injuries were serious, but a hospital spokesperson said doctors have since upgraded him to good condition.


***Personal Update*** Daddy said Fred is HOME!! WOW!  Fred will be going to the doctor on Monday, but he is home. Bonehead! LOL


Speaking of doctors, I have an appointment with a surgeon Monday  to see about geting my gall bladder out. It sure is causing me a lot of trouble.  Maybe I'll ask for some lipo and a tummy tuck while I am out. :-) 

2 comments:

r of randf said...

I'm sure he hoped to one day make the headlines, but not with these particular details.

di said...

always said that boy was hard headed. now we have proof. anyone else would've been dead, but not fred and his hard head!! snort, gufaw.